Monday, March 31, 2008

Back from the sticks

    Well, we had a brief time out in the sun and snow. There was a few spots where the snow from yesterday hadn't melted away. My fire making skills are top notch for this time of year and no, Jonesy, I haven't sharpened my axe yet. We had the delight of eating with the first robin of the spring and drinking ice cold bevies cooled in the oxbow lake at Gold Springs.
    Tansley lasted a quality 1.37 hours in her ladytramps before pee pee overtook the brief. Oh well, small step back in a day of moving forward. Now back at home, I will sit down with a big glass of tasty goodness, a bag Hershey's kisses, and what's left of the Munchies snack mix we began eating at the park.

    Tomorrow, I am going slurpee and junk food free. By definition this is no slurpees or bags of chips (specifically Ruffles as these have done me in lately). Perhaps I will go for my 6th straight win at RISK tonight against my better half. It has been fun winning so much lately. The dice are my friend.

    My wife is amazing at jersey cresting. She can do them up so quickly and they look so great. Even if there is the odd Flamer jersey in there. Now is she could be a little selfish and finish off her jersey so she can wear it for the playoffs (yep, we still believe). Speaking of playoffs... Go 'Canes Go! If you have the time, get out to the Enmax to support the team... there's no reason why we don't sell out that barn every night of the year.



5 comments:

  1. ..."back in the day..." I was going to break into all sorts of Canes nostalgia.  No worries, for now, I'll keep the gooders to myself.

    Court, you do know how to sharpen an axe, right?  Is it too unmanly to admit defeat with the whetstone?  I can show you in no time at all when I'm in Canada next.

    I refuse to believe you're going Slurpee free.  I will require verification from at least three separate sources. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet $5 that your beloved many man doesn't know how to sharpen an axe and even if he did, he wouldn't do it. Heaven forbid he breaks a nail or something. Give me one gooder, please. I deserve it, I've been a good boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't talking about a manly man .. I was talking about ME.  I doubt the other half would even know what he'd need sharpen an ax.

    You really want to hear nostalgic Canes stories?  really?...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course... Go Canes Go. They play Kootenay on Friday and Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You realize you keep posting as your lovely wife?

    One of my favorite memories actually came from a player who I hated, Byron Ritchie.  When the Canes were over in Hull playing for the Memorial Cup in '97 he was enraged at a call that a "Francophone" reff made.  He yelled, "F you, you f'in Frogs! F them all!"  It had me rolling on the floor.  On this side of the country you couldn't actually hear him say it, but I can read lips remarkably well.  For the rest of the tournament, he was booed by the fans every where he went.  He got a standing O when he came back to Lethbridge.

    Then there was that game that we went to and you were doing the "color" and I was supposed to be doing the play by play ... why did you always get the fun part?

    ReplyDelete